THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

♪♫No more lives torn apart, and time would heal all hearts, and everyone would have a friend♫♪

A seasonally appropriate blog today. The song is My Grown Up Christmas List written by David Foster and Linda Thompson-Jenner. It has been recorded by several artists including Amy Grant and Kelly Clarkson. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I think it's an interesting concept and well put together. Here are the lyrics:

My Grown Up Christmas List
Do you remember me? I sat upon your knee;
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies.
Well, I'm all grown-up now,and still need help somehow.
I'm not a child, but my heart still can dream.

So here's my lifelong wish, my grown-up christmas list,
Not for myself, but for a world in need.

No more lives torn apart, that wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts,
And everyone would have a friend, and right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list.

As children we believed the grandest sight to see
Was something lovely wrapped beneath our tree.
Well heaven surely knows that packages and bows
Can never heal a hurting human soul.

No more lives torn apart, that wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts,
And everyone would have a friend, and right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list.

What is this illusion called the innocence of youth?
Maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth.
There'd be

No more lives torn apart, that wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts,
And everyone would have a friend, and right would always win,
And love would never end.
This is my grown-up christmas list.


There are a few lines that always stand out to me: No more lives torn apart- I know many people who have had a rough year or a rough lifetime. That have had their lives completely torn to pieces. They persist but as much as we'd like it to time does not heal all the wounds of ailing souls. Everyone would have a friend - a real friend. That every person would have someone to confide in, to trust, and that the friendship was reciprocated. Not a "meantime" friendship or a friend of convenience but a real true friend.

I like to use this song to do songwriting this time of year using lyric substitution. It's really neat to hear what my residents put on their list. What's on your grown-up Christmas list?

0 comments: